Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Contagium Release Dates (!!!)







Alright...I know a lot of you guys have been waiting FOREVER for this news (so have I). I recently spoke with the publisher and was given a re-release/release schedule for the first 3 books in the Contagium Series! To quickly recap what's going on with the books...I signed with Permuted Press in the spring of 2013. Books 1 & 2 in the series were originally self published. After gaining popularity, I was approached by Permuted and asked to sign. After some serious debating (Permuted is awesome but I loved being an Indie author) I decided that going to Permuted was the best way to get the series 'out there' to more readers by making it available on ALL e-reader devices and possibly prints in stores. The plan was to go through the first 2 books and thoroughly re-edit (which they needed) them and relaunch them before releasing the third book. Book 3 was completed in June and I am now working on the 4th (and final) book.


Now all the details have been sorted out with not only my series, but with Permuted as well, who went through some exciting change themselves, and I have been given the dates. So, here it is:

Contagious: re-releasing in July 2014
Deathly Contagious: re-releasing in August 2014
Contagious Chaos: releasing in September 2014

Now, if you're like me, your first reaction is that it is a long flipping ways away! So I want to remind you that it is very typical for the re-release/release to take about a year once signed. Permuted has quickly grown in popularity and they have many other authors to work with so these things take time.

But, to ease your pain, I am going to write a novella (around 15K words) in Hayden's point of view. I am hoping to get this done by the end of the year or sooner. After that I would love to write one more character novella, and I'm open to suggestions as to who you'd like to read about. I'll post a poll closer to the time.

Also, in October, I am putting together a big zombie giveaway that will include a printed UNedited ARC of Contagious Chaos as well as hard copies of the first two books (self published editions). Plus other stuff of course :)

And I want to take a quick moment to say thank you to all the fans of the Contagium Series. You guys are amazing!!!

8 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Release dates!!! ^_^ Can't WAIT for Hayden's novella now!!! Squee!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Though a year feels way too long for the next book!

    Check out my review of Contagious :)

    http://megjopol.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/contagious-emily-goodwin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, a year is a long time to wait. I'm going to bookmarked this page so I can check in periodically to see if there are any updates on release dates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, september 2014? So long :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Not yet. I have plans to write a full length novel for Hayden. Once it's available (either self published or through Permuted) I will post details :)

      Delete
  6. I am so happy I just started this series I finished the first two books within two weeks and I'm lucky the 3rd book comes out this month because I just can't live without orissa penwell....... You are an amazing author Ms . Goodwin and I hope your work is recognized by many you are by far my favorite author and I hope Stay and the contagious series become big motion pictures

    ReplyDelete