Sunday, August 11, 2013

Amelia :)

So once again I haven't posted anything in a while, though this time I have the best excuse yet: I had my baby! Amelia was born on July 26th, weighing 6 pounds and 1 ounce and was 18.5 inches long. I had a headache and high blood pressure at the beginning of labor, but everything went smoothly and she was born after only 7.5 hours of contractions. Of course, I think she is just perfect!!

Taken by Krystal: www.facebook.com/KrystalShawPhotography


My sweet little girl is already 16 days old! My husband and I (and the dog) have settled and adjusted to life with a baby and things could not be more perfect. She is such a good baby and is only fussy when she needs something. By day 5 she was sleeping for 2-3 hours at a time at night and now I have to wake her up to eat.

I don't know what I did to deserve her. I am so incredibly grateful for my family. There are no words to describe how much I love my daughter. I knew I would love her (and I loved her since the moment I found out we were expecting!) but I had no idea how deep that love would be, and how much it continues to grow each and every day. I think it's something only parents can understand because I didn't get it until now.

Enough with the sappy-ness, right?

Now that things have settled and I'm all caught up on sleep, I plan on getting back to the books. I'm roughly halfway done with STAY, a new adult, contemporary novel I started about a girl who is kidnapped and forced into human trafficking. (Blog post about that to follow...someday) I am doing some interior makeovers to my self published books and then planning a big re-launch party for them and I have some exciting news from Permuted about the Contagium series but I can't share it just yet.

I have lots of fun things planned and I've added two more book ideas to my list. Having a baby has been very inspiring for some reason. In the few hours of sleep I was able to get a night I did have some weird dreams!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both on the birth of your daughter. My apologies for not dropping by sooner, but I was going through some emails today and I saw our correspondence about Book 2, and I thought "Oh my gosh! She must have had her baby!" She is very beautiful!

    Lily
    Bookluvrs Haven

    ReplyDelete