Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More on Contagious...

I'm still getting tons of questions from readers about the status of the books and why they are no longer available. So, here is another quick update about the books.

In April, I signed a contract with Permuted Press and this series is no longer a self published series. That means that the publishing house is the one who has control over release/re-release dates, covers, editing, and what the book description on Amazon/B&N/any other book seller says.

I have not been given specific dates on anything yet. Once I get those dates, I will definitely share.

Traditionally published books tend to take longer to become available than self published books. Trad publishing houses have TONS of other authors to work with. When I self published the books, I only had to work with myself...if that makes sense.

I've also been asked many times if there is a way I can speed up the release dates. And the answer is no; I've done all I can. My only suggestion would be to let Permuted Press know how anxious/excited you are for the books so they will see that a lot of people are waiting! (Myself included!)

There seems to be some confusion about whether or not this is a series or a trilogy. What started as a 3 book trilogy has changed into a 4 books saga/series/whatever you want to call it. I decided to do this BEFORE I signed with Permuted since the books grew into so much more than I originally anticipated. I haven't changed the name on my FB fan page b/c FB only lets you change a page name once and I had been (for quite a while) debating on whether or not I should keep pages for each series or combine them into one author page. I just sent in the change request to FB to make the CT page into a general author page. I suck at running pages. Having three just doesn't work for me. Having one general page would be easier to run and it would allow all the CT fans to see more giveaways and free book promotions. If the change request gets accepted, nothing will really change except the name of the page.

And lastly, I keep getting asked when the movie/TV series is coming out. As much as I'd love that I have info about it, I have no idea how to push that idea into action either. The best way to get a series turned into a movie/TV series is to tell your friends about the books and get as many people as possible to read the books! The more popular the books become, the more likely it will be on the big (or small) screen! And I understand that promoting books that aren't available is hard. Trust  me, I know on this one! ;)

Of course I want to thank all my readers. The Contagium Series would not be what it is today if it wasn't for you!! I am considering writing some novellas to put out for you guys to read while waiting for the books to come out. I think Hayden and Dr. Cara would be interesting! The novellas would be short (under 45K) and would tell the characters' tales of how they got to the compound and a little about what life was like for them before the virus. Who would you like to read about??

1 comment:

  1. I picked up the first book right before they went away on Amazon. I am dying to find out what happens next! Tell that publisher to hurry up lol :)

    ReplyDelete