Saturday, March 30, 2013

Exciting zombie news

For the last few months, I have been asked many time for news on Contagious Chaos's release date. And my answers have been very vague. For that, I am sorry. But now I can finally say why  I have been so vague. 

The reason is because the Contagium Series has been picked up by a publisher! :) The process of inquiry (someone from the publishing house contacted me on this one, asking if I would be interested in signing with them, so I did not have to go through query letters. Yes, I feel very lucky!), writing up a contract, and then reviewing the contract took a lot longer than I thought it would. Part of that was totally on me; it was hard for me to make the decision to sign or not sign. I've thoroughly enjoyed self publishing and have had great luck with my books published that way. To make a long story short, I am very happy with my decision to sign.

Now, to get back to Contagious Chaos...(I will try to be as straight forward as possible to keep this a short post.) 

The books are now in the hands of a publisher, which means that I no longer have control over the release dates.

Once I find out when the 3rd book is being released, I will of course let everyone know! I am only about 20,000 words away from finishing Contagious Chaos (I've been calling it CC for short) and will keep you guys updated on my progress with that as well. (I do know that books one and two are getting makeovers, and that will happen before book three's release.)

I also do not control the cover art. I know I had been asking my FB fans what they would like to see on the covers, and I think that I will have a little say, but I cannot be as strict and nit-picky as I am with my self published books. 

However, rest assured that the books will be very well edited from now on. And there is a chance that you can walk into your local bookstore and see this series on the shelf! Overall, being traditionally published opens up more ways for readers to get the books, ways that I couldn't provide myself. 

Now, to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who bought/read/reviewed/shared the Contagium books, I have put together a big zombie giveaway with two prize packages. I am still waiting for some of the swag to come in the mail. Once everything arrives, I will post pics and contest deets! If anyone has any neat ideas for zombie swag, post a comment! I want to make this giveaway epic!!!

And really, I do not think I can convey my gratitude. I am absolutely blown away by the following the books have generated and your support means so much to me. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment