Sunday, December 23, 2012

Resolutions

It's hard to believe that we only have about a week left in 2012. The time went so incredibly slow until recently, or at least it felt that way for me. I cannot believe I haven't posted in over a month, either! With finals and graduation, time certainly flew right by. I accomplished a lot this year and made a lot of amazing new friends. 2012 was definitely a good year, and I think 2013 will be even better.

I was thinking about what my New Year's Resolutions should be and I realized that I couldn't even remember what my 2012 resolutions were. So I dug back in my blog archive to find the post. Here they are, with added comments showing how they turned out.

1.) Be more organized. Haha...not even close. I'm just as unorganized and scatterbrained as I was at the end of 2011. Though I have learned to keep all of my work and school stuff neat and tidy. I re-saved all of my finished novels and my WIP to certain easy to access folders and my school stuff is organized in boxes and binders.

2.) Be healthy. I achieved this one! I lost 15 pounds this year, though I think it was mostly from stress more than diet and exercise. 
 
3.) Edit a book once it's done. Yes for this too. I learned the lesson of not being able to self-edit. I do not do this anymore at all.

4.)Be neater. I'll say yes but my husband will say no...and so will the stack of dirty dishes I just put in the sink.

5.)Get all A's. I got a few B's but I'm not unhappy about it.

6.)Write at least 2 books. Did this one. Really I wrote 2.5-ish. I completed two books and started writing four others. I've put 3 of the 4 projects on hold until the 3rd Contagium book is done.

7.)Sew. I made several costumes and started an account on deviantart.com as a stock model so I have more of a reason to wear costumes.
8.)Read. Sadly, I didn't get to read very much while in school. The first thing I did after graduation was buy 3 new books :) 

So this year I'll have to come up with some more challenging goals/resolutions. I already can tell you that one high on the list is finish the Contagium Series. That is really bitter sweet, really. I will probably put off writing the final chapter so the book can stay open in my mind. I'm happy I'm writing four instead of three, or else I'd be working on the end right now!

I will come up with another list and post it soon. I hope you all have a merry Christmas! :) Has anyone else come up with resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment