Monday, September 3, 2012

Reaper is done! Beta readers needed!

Technically, I finished the MS last week. I had to go through and re-read plus make a few changes. But it's done!! :) It's longer than I thought it would be: 135,000 words. I'm always worried that my books are too long, which is weird, I suppose. I just like to write and have thick plots lol. But finally...it's done. I've been working on Reaper and then putting it aside for almost a year now.

And I feel very proud that this will be my fifth book I've written an published in a year. I published Unbound at the end of October (the 24th, I think). I cannot believe how fast the time as gone since then. And I cannot believe how much I've learned about being an author since then! I knew nothing about publishing, marketing, editors, the importance of cover art last year. I'm glad I went through it the hard way; I think it makes me more appreciative of what I've accomplished now, but I also wish I had gone into it knowing what I know now. I definitely took the plunge without looking into everything that goes into publishing. Live and learn, right?

I always feel a little sad when I finish a book. Reaper wasn't so bad because it is in a series and I will be able to spend time with Anora and Ethan later in the next book (plus like 5 after that; I have plans for this to be a long series). Writing TIC will be bittersweet. I'm so excited to get back to Orissa, Hayden, and the zombies but at the same time I don't want to write the end because that means it's over. It's like finishing a good book. You're glad you read it but sad it's over. For me, it's worse when I write because I am so incredibly attached to my characters.

Anyway, I need beta readers for Reaper. I'm looking for content beta readers who can pick the story apart and be brutally honest. I think beta reading is fun because it gives you a chance to voice what you want to happen/not happen or see more/less of in a novel and actually have a chance to see it changed that way. I take everything my betas have to say seriously.

So, if you'd like to beta read, leave your email address below and I will email you. Or, you can email me at emilykgoodwin@hotmail.com. Just put 'beta reader' in the subject line; a lot of fan email gets sent to my junk mail and I won't know it's not junk unless it has a specific subject line!

And thanks in advance; I appreciate the hell out of you guys who beta read!!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, please!! ME! ME!!
    ltgalloway(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to.
    2frenzi@gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a chance to read your book.
    debra.valsamis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. S.mussayar478@gmail.com.... I would love to have a chance to read your book and give you some feedback. If you need another person just give me a quick email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love too!!!!! Sarah15_2010@yahoo.com!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been checking back constantly and I'm glad to see that there is going to be a part two released soon would love to be a beta reader....msmstudvaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your series on Amazon through a search and read the first book Unbound. I fell in love instantly. I would love to be a beta reader if you are still looking for them. I know I am late but if you are, you can contact me at coreywis@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete