Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bristol Ren Fair

Yes, I am one of those people who dresses up and goes to the Ren Fair. I love everything about the Ren Fair: the people, the food, the fact that grown ups can were costumes in public, the entertainment...but I mostly love the feeling of being in another world. I think most fantasy book lovers will get what I'm saying about the want to be in another world. Being at the Ren Fair is a bit like that. ;)

My friend K and I made the costumes we wore this year. It was hard since we are both in nursing school, but we spent two days working on them, staying up until 1 AM both times, and got them done. They are simple, and we plan to add more when we have the time. But, I loved them and loved the colors!

I was really into sewing last summer (I made Valkyrie costumes for last year's Ren Fair) but haven't had the time to get out my sewing machine with school. My goal is to make a tavern wench dress by the end of the summer. My mom and my older sister are both very good sewers who I'm sure will have to help me. There is so much I want to make! I really love costumes...I'm not sure if that is weird or not. It's just fun pretending to be someone else, I suppose.

We are already planning next year's group costume. (We enter the costume contest every year) This year we didn't have much time to devote to awesome costumes, sadly, so next year we will have to make up for it. Our choices are Elven Warriors or Elementals (like earth, air, water, and fire). I'm a fan of anything warrior (pretty obvious, right? Just look at the women I write about lol) and I like carrying around daggers and wearing arm bracers. You're probably thinking I'm the biggest nerd ever...and you're probably right! Anyway, here are some pics from this year's Fair, as well as last year and the one before that. (The people in the pictures are my mom, my sister, and my best friends, K, A, and H)








No comments:

Post a Comment