Friday, July 13, 2012

The bite

I have two weeks of summer school left. (Jump for joy) I'm excited to get back to writing. I really, really miss it. I think of it kinda like reading but 'more', if that makes sense. I love to read because I can get lost in the world of the book. It's a great escape from reality and sometimes I feel a little depressed when I'm done reading because I'm not in that reality. Weird? Maybe.

So, writing, is the same. I get lost in the world, but it's a world I created. I can make things happen exactly how I want them to. Literally, nothing is impossible. I love getting caught up in writing, feeling like I'm in the world I created, imagining new characters, plots, and settings. This is probably really nerdy, but I like to make Sim worlds of my books. I love making the characters' houses. Anora's house is the coolest. I don't even want to know how much time I spent in the Sim World making that one.

I daydream pretty much most of the time I'm not writing (or doing anything that involves cognitive abilities lol). I have ideas for two new books. One will be a series and will have werewolves in it and the other is stand alone novel about a ghost. I'll come up with both synopsis later...I hate those! It's really hard to make a book sound good in just a few sentences. I've been dreaming about my werewolf series idea for days. I wish I had the time to just write everything.

It won't be possible with school, I know. I'm too exhausted right now to put out anything good anyway, writing wise. It's funny...I can tell when I'm tired in my writing because I notice a lot more errors. And I do like school, don't get me wrong. I just like writing more ;) Nursing is a wonderful thing and I definitely do not think nurses get the appreciation they deserve. I like taking care of people and helping people. I like knowing medical stuff; I find it all super fascinating.

My ultimate dream job is to be an author (and make enough to ONLY have that job) and volunteer as a nurse at a free clinic. I want to give back; I've been lucky in my life and I want to do what I can to make other people have just as good of a life. I've worked hard for most of what I have, so it's not like things have been handed to me. But things have always worked out in the end. And I fully believe that they will continue to do so.

And speaking of school...my best friend K and I are obsessed with Teen Wolf. If you don't know the show, there is a character who has epilepsy but once she became a werewolf, she was 'cured'. Today in class, our professor asked us what the medications/treatments for seizures were. K very confidently said 'werewolf bites'. Everyone looked at her like she was crazy and I started cracking up. Then I explained the whole Teen Wolf thing and even the professor laughed. It might be one of those 'you had to be there' moments, but it still makes me laugh to think about! :) I love that girl!!

mmmhhh...Derek. *drool*

6 comments:

  1. HI Em, I am drooling and laughing too. Derek is soooo droool. And the comments to your professor, well, it makes me miss school and the interactions and learning new stuff.
    We the fans are waiting patiently (or not) for the next book in Contagion. I know I will be here ready to buy it and read it when it is ready. Or not ready. Like I said, I can Beta read for you. I am one of those people who likes the i's dotted and the t's crossed, etc.

    By the way, I think the thingie below that asks you to put in letters to "prove you're not a robot" should say "to prove you're not a zombie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you probably get this a million times but... will Reaper be released soon? It says Summer 2012... I just read Unbound and LOVED it! I am dying to read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to have it done soon. I didn't realize how time consuming this summer semester of nursing school was and it really hampered my writing time lol. I have finals next week and then I will be able to devote the rest of summer to it :) I will need beta readers! I'll post about it closer to the day!

      Delete
  3. I completely understand! I am in nursing school also. It is very time consuming. If you need me as a beta reader, I would love to. My mother is an English teacher for a high school and for a community college. My dad also writes. I proof read for him all time. I am an avid reader. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll post about it (hopefully) within a month or two. Good luck with school! :)

      Delete