Sunday, April 29, 2012

DC is done!!



At 1 AM, I typed the last word in Deathly Contagious. I have to say that I think the ending is awesome. :) Of course I would say that, right? A lot happens in the book. Lots of action, more romance, new characters, new problems, and of course lots of zombies. The plot gets thicker and zombies aren't the only thing Orissa has to worry about. She continues to grow and evolve as a person and has to learn how to live with losses, death, and  fear.

Now, for the exciting stuff. I will need beta readers and ARC reviewers. If you're interested, then listen up! :)

Content Beta Readers
I would like to have five people read through and give me their feedback on the content of the book. This includes the plot, any holes you can find, character personalities, descriptions, point out anything you think is stupid or boring.

Grammar Beta Reader
I need five people who are good at proof reading to read through DC after I get it back from the editor to make sure all mistakes were caught.

ARC Reviewers
I'd like at least five people to be able to write ARC reviews. You will get the finished book several weeks before its publication date with the understanding that you will read it and leave a review on amazon and/or goodreads before or on DC's release date. That way there are honest reviews up for people to see as soon as the book is available.

Before I can have any betas, I need to finish going through the book myself and make some changes and add a few more details that I thought of at the end. I have finals this week so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done. I'm gonna get started right away. By the end of next week, I will be ready for the content betas. :) I'm excited. I hope you guys like this book!!

9 comments:

  1. Emily

    I am very excited for this new book and would love to be a beta reader. Let me know what you would need me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm can I be a beta reader? I don't want to wait! Loved the first one so much!!! I would love so much to help out with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,

    I loved Contagious and would love to be a beta reader if you're still looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also review everything on goodreads and amazon so I would love to do an ARC as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be a beta reader if you wouldn't mind. I love the first one, I read it over and over again. Cant wait for Deathly Contagious to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am available for any type of first read if you are still in need. I generally pick books apart for grammatical and plot holes, and it would be nice to actually have a purpose for it for a change instead of just satiating my own need to point out my pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Thank you everyone! As soon as I'm done doing edits myself, I will have DC ready for beta readers. I will write a post about it letting you guys know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be a beta reader!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want to be a beta reader, go a head and email me at emilykgoodwin@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete