Monday, March 26, 2012

I want to clear something up...

Without naming names or pointing the finger at anyone, I will say this the best I can.

I've been having an issue with a disgruntled fan posting untrue statements about me, my family and friends, posting personal info on the internet, and accusing other people of being me. I have not and will not review my own books under a false name. What is the point of that? It's cheating and if you know me then you would know that not only am I a horrible liar, but I also have an extremely guilty conscious.

This said person has posted my personal info on the internet-not cool. I get not liking a book and I totally get the emotion and passion you can put into a book (duh, why else would I write?) but I do not understand this person's continuous attempts to slander my name and wish bad things upon me. This has been going one since the beginning of Feb...almost 2 months. The person's obsession with finding dirt on me is seriously scary!!

If Contagious offends you, sorry, please return it and do not buy or read the next two books in the series.

I am removing ALL personal info. It is a shame that one person is driving me to that. The straw that broke the camel's back was this person saying they compared my goodread's reviews to another reviews and b/c we have similar taste, we are the same person. I like paranormal romance...so does about a million other people! So I guess, sorry guys, we are all the same person. Seriously...that takes time and effort. What did I do to them to make them want to hurt me? Again...freaky!

It freaks me out. Again, that is so not cool. I do not like being the center of anyone's obsession! But, at the same time...if someone is putting that much effort into bringing me down, I must be doing okay, right? haha.

So, for the record:



  • I do not review my own work. I already think it is awesome since I wrote it ;) Goodreads does let the author give a star rating and I do rate it, but you can obviously see it was me. I'm not trying to 'sneak' a five star rating in there.
  • I am removing all of my goodreads reviews of other books b/c this person is freaking my out and I don't want her to be able to obtain ANY of my personal info
  • I deleted pictures off my FB and any info. If you have pics of me, PLEASE take them down. I know it takes time, but if you don't, I will have to ask the FB guys to take them down and I don't want to feel like a bitch.
  • My current FB page is going to be my 'author page' and I will create a new one that only people I personally know will be added. 


Argh. Even if I did review my own book, ONE REVIEW isn't going to do anything. I want to know why this person has it out for me.What bothers me the most is that this person will not let it go and move on. She left her first review 2 months ago! I don't want to accuse anything or anyone, but anyone who's taken a psych class knows this isn't normal, healthy behavior.

 I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's all I can think of for now. You guys know I love my fans and am so incredibly thankful of every single person who had read my books, regardless of if you liked it or not. I hope this mess blows over...it's lame!

Thank you to my friends, fans, and random comment-ers who defended me. I really appreciate you guys :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear his there are one really crazy people out there god luck. I for one wrote my reviews for your boos personally so that person can shove off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily

    As an author now, unfortunately there are going to be people out there that will do all they can to bring you down. Sad, but true.

    There is an assumption that if a book gets many good reviews and is not from the NY BIG SIX that they are "family and friends" or self-done reviews. Try, if you can, to ignore them.

    There are also some literary snobs out there. Some that simply cannot understand how a reader can like a book with any mistakes at all. Others don't believe any reviews of 99 cent books unless they are low-star ratings.

    Of course your tastes are going to be similar to the tastes of other paranormal/fantasy books. It's a hugely popular genre. There will always be those that aren't happy because it's YOU in the top 10k and not them, too.

    It's hard, but try to ignore them. You should not have to remove your reviews, but now, as an author, there will be readers that don't believe they are not biased. Readers are fenerally great, and we wouldn't survive without them...but not all are, unfortunately.

    Don't let them bring you down. If they are getting really bad, consider doing all your personal reviews under a pen name. I wish I'd done that.

    You've got fans, and loyal fans are the best!

    ReplyDelete