Thursday, February 16, 2012

Unbound is FREE on Kindle

I decided to see what this Kindle Select thing was all about. I enrolled Unbound and did a 'promotion', as they call it, where you can make your book free for up to five days. Honestly, I didn't expect much. I set Unbound to free last night before I went to bed. When I got up about 7 hours later, I 'sold' (you can't really sell something that's free...) 60 books in the US and about 20 in Europe. Since then, I've more than doubled my 'sales' and Unbound is currently #19 in the top Occult books! :D

I cannot believe it! I didn't expect to increase my sales that much at all! I hope people enjoy it!! And I suggest others try out the KDP select. (Though, be warned, you have to make your book exclusive to amazon, so you'll have to take it off other sites. I benefited so much from it, but if you're doing well on other sites, I suppose I wouldn't do it.)

I promised the dog we'd play ball (yes, he's only a dog but he knows that word and is running around waiting for me) so this will be short, but I have to spit out a lame, don't-give-up-on-your-dreams speech. I love writing. I will write no matter what. I wrote Unbound for fun, as a way to pass the time after class and because I had that story in my head for literally years. I love the characters, the plot, the way things happen...it's just very personal I suppose. Anyway, I NEVER would have thought I'd have so much success. And the same with Contagious. I never would have thought me-a little known, Indie author- could sell over 200 books in less an a month after publication. I assumed-or more hoped-that within a year or two, my name would get out there and I'd be sorta known in the world of books.

A girl in one of my classes told me she'd heard of my books before she even met me. That was soooo incredible to hear. Really, people, don't give up on your dreams. They may seem impossible, and you may not think you have the way to do it, but just try! I was afraid no one would want my books or want to read anything from just some girl who writes because it's her passion.

And I was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. It is so amazing that someone knew of your books before meeting you! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete