Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Study Break

I've been studying for my nursing fundamentals lab for several hours now and desperately need a break! With school, I haven't had much time to get on here, let alone write more in Deathly Contagious. But, some interesting things have happened.

First, Contagious sales are amazing! I feel so humbled by everyone that's bought it and reviewed it. Thank you!! :) And on the topic of reviews...

I do not expect everyone to like my book (or any book). I've read books I don't like and I'm not a fan of the hugely popular Twilight. I don't dislike them, it's just not my thing; I like my vamps with fangs. So, with that said, I don't think negative reviews are bad and are to be expected with anything that is put out into the public. However, I've noticed that some people take negative review to the point of bullying.

I don't really get it. If you don't like a book, point out a few things that made you dislike it, give it one or two stars and be on your merry way, right? Why do people have to pick apart every single flaw and make assumptions about the author?

I've only read one book by her, but I'm sure many have heard of Amanda Hocking. I was looking through her reviews to try to decide if I wanted to read the Trylle series or the MBA series by her and was surprised by the really harsh and just plain mean reviews some people gave her. Obviously, she's done well and her books are good.

Why do people feel the need to rip others apart? *sigh* I don't get it. On that happy note...back to the books! (oh joy...infection control, vital signs and bedpans, yay! Not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment