Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yes, I realize I'm four days late on this post. But, I've been busy editing my life away. Contagious is 100% done and now I'm just waiting for cover art before it can go on sale! :) And I finally am satisfied with the sequence of events in Beyond the Sea. I kept changing stuff and just didn't like it. And I shortened it by a whopping 27,000 words or something like that. I put almost all of them back in and it is just a much, much better story. I'm happy with it!

I wanted to post my resolutions. I have many, so I'll try to keep it short.

1.) Be more organized. I am seriously scatter brained. I need to get my shit together, esp since I'm going back to school to earn my second degree in nursing. I have to be uber on top of it to have time to do school work, write, go to work, be a wife/friend and take care of my animals.

2.) Be healthy. I'm the first to admit I'm lazy sometimes. I need to make myself run and work out. I enjoy it, so I don't understand why I put it off. I let myself get bogged down at my laptop editing, but that's not gonna cut it anymore. And I need to stop eating like crap. So exercise, eat healthy and get a decent amount of sleep.

3.) Edit a book once it's done. I wrote three books last year and didn't edit them until recently. It sucks having to go back and do all the editing at once. I don't like editing, I like writing. But it needs to be done. So I'm not going to procrastinate doing it anymore.

4.)Be neater. My husband will like this one. I have a habit of putting stuff down, forgetting about it and walking away. I put off doing my laundry until I have an overflowing pile and leave stuff in my car all the time. Not anymore! haha...we shall see how this goes!

5.)Get all A's. Enough said.

6.)Write at least 2 books. I really hope I  can do more by 2013, but with school, I will be happy with two. I'd like to have Reaper done in 2-3 months (and by done, I mean edited as well) and Deathly Contagious done in 2 months after that. I'm going to stick to making outlines for the books too, since it helps me write faster and keeps me organized.

7.)Sew. I got a sewing machine for my birthday and went all sew crazy for a while. Then I got distracted with writing and haven't made anything in a long time. I need to finish my RenFair dress and maybe make one more before August so I can have choices ;) I'm a nerd, I know.

8.)Read. I LOVE to write, but I also like to read. Lately, I've been so focused on my own books I haven't had a chance to read much of anything. After I finish a book, I'd like to read one I didn't write.

That's enough for now...I really want to work hard on accomplishing all of these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment