Monday, December 19, 2011

Beyond the Sea

I edited out 27,000 words in Beyond the Sea. I have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I tend to overwrite. I like details. I like writing them (obviously) and I like reading them. I think it adds to the storyline.

And I like-or should I say love- developed characters. 1D character annoy me...they just seem so fake. Yes, fictional characters are fake, but we read b/c we like to have that notion that this could be happening. Of maybe that's just me. But who wants to get lost in a story that can't be backed up?

Anywho, I got new cough medicine from the doctor for my upper resp infection. It's very strong...I'm dizzy and tired but don't want to go to bed just yet. Trying to resist the call of the cough medicine is hard! haha

Now that BTS revisions are done, I'm going to take another look at Unbound. There is a lot that can be cut out of it...even though I like it how it is. *sigh* I hate editing/revising. I want to get back to writing. Deathly Contagious is calling my name! Esp since Contagious ended with a HUGE cliff hanger!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Beyond the Sea! I'm sad that I'm done reading it! There were some really good quotes in it. The last line of the book is great! Good job, Emily!

    ReplyDelete