Thursday, November 10, 2011

 
My cover :)

I have to say, making covers sucks. I never realized how much goes into it. I have a new found respect for cover artists. I like to write. I like to hope I'm good at it. I am not an artist, I'll be the first to admit. I spent many, many hours working on this cover. I made a million (ok, maybe twenty or so) that I thought would be good until I actually saw it on the book. Then I hated it. So, back to the drawing board. Finally, I'm happy with this. And I even got a few compliments on it. I know people DO judge a book by its cover, so making a magical/interesting looking cover caused a lot of stress. Anyway...I realize this post is getting pointless. So, professional cover artists who draw us in with just one look, I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment